Flowers bring life and beauty to your yard, but there’s no beauty in a dying flower or plant. It’s vital to take care of them and know how to keep your flowers alive, so they can bloom when you need them the most.
Here are five do’s to keep your flowers healthy:
- Ditch strong chemicals. Some fertilizers and insecticides kill bees and other beneficial insects. Ensure any chemical you use is safe for your flowers and the environment.
- Prune regularly. If a flower or plant looks wilted, overgrown, or unhealthy, it’s time to trim it back so that it gives all its energy to the healthiest parts of the plant and not just one that’s already “blooming. “
- Make sure they have enough water. The soil of your flower bed should never dry out completely because the roots will wither away, and the flower will die.
But be careful; over-irrigation can also kill your flowers by making the soil too wet and stiff, resulting in poor root growth and disease.
- Use mulch to keep moisture and insects at bay, increase aeration in the soil, and keep it from washing away when water or rain occurs.
- Consult/hire a pro every once in a while. Flowers can be easy, but if you don’t know all the ins and outs, it’s best to pull in a professional every once in a while.
They will have the expertise to prepare your flowers for whatever weather Mother Nature throws at you. They can also advise you about how to care for the flowers.
Get Professional Gardening and Lawn Care Services in Norwood, MA, and Surrounding Areas
At C & C Landscape Pros, we understand the ins and outs of getting your lawn and garden in order.
We provide lawn care and gardening services to Norwood, Westwood, Dover, Walpole, Norfolk, Canton, Ma and surrounding areas.
Let us know when you need help with your lawn, and we will be happy to lend a hand!