Any summertime routine for caring for your lawn is bound to be different from the typical pattern of watering in order to properly care and upkeep one’s outdoor living space.
The best way to care for your lawn during the warmer months is by doing so in a smart, natural manner, without having to spend money on those expensive and often ineffective solutions.
Here are some ways you can look after and maintain a healthy lawn with only natural methods.
- Plant grass varieties that will thrive during summer. Some popular lawn grasses that do well during summer include “Crested WheatGrass,” “Buffalo Grass,” and “Fescue.”
- Mow low in the early morning or just after sunset. It is always best to mow your lawn late in the day to prevent excessive heat buildup due to the effects of direct sunlight on mowers and lawns.
- Water your lawn in the morning. Watering your lawn early in the morning will prevent most of the heat from being retained, because it is still cool at this time each day.
- Do not mow and water your lawn at the same time, because this can create harmful fertilizer runoff. Mowing too early in the morning is just as bad as watering too late in the evening; so try alternating between each practice.
- Water your lawn on a regular basis. Do not be afraid to water your grass during summer months if you feel it needs it. If your lawn is not looking sufficiently green, especially around the edges, water it.
- Avoid pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers if possible. While many of these products are designed for both indoor and outdoor use, it can still be dangerous to use them on one’s grass during summer months because herbicides tend to dry the grass out in addition to killing the weeds.
These are only a few ways in which you can properly care for your lawn during summer months. Be sure to do so and enjoy a beautiful lawn as well as other benefits, such as cleaner air and potentially cleaner water sources.
Need further help?
Contact C and C Landscape Pros for expert Lawn Care Services
Do you live in Norwood, MA and surrounding areas?
Call us now and we can help you with your lawn! We have all sorts of lawn care services and are sure to have what you need.