Grubs in lawns are not so uncommon in Norwood, MA, and the damage they cause can be more than you expect.
However, like most lawn problems, grubs can be prevented before they do any significant damage.
The first step in dealing with grub damage is identifying its presence on your lawn. So, if you notice some portions of your property wilting away, or browning grass, your lawn might be experiencing grub damage.
After identifying them, you will need to cut out the damaged portions; you will probably notice the grubs beneath.
The solution to the grub problem
When dealing with grub problems, the key is timing. Here’s how to prevent and possibly repair a grub-damaged lawn:
- Using insect control products for grubs in the late summer months; this is the proactive step in grub control and preventing grub damage
- Routine fertilization will prevent grub invasion as well other insect infestations. A healthier lawn is less susceptible to grub infestation
- Keep the lawn dry in a drought season; adult beetles will often look for moisture in the soil when laying their eggs. So, a dry lawn will not be affected. The only catch is your lawn will brown without moisture in the soil.
- More importantly, talk to the pros. Grub prevention is one step of the equation; knowing how to keep up with grub control is the bigger picture, and a professional can help you with that.
Let Us Help with Your Lawn Landscaping and Maintenance Needs in Norwood, MA
Whether you need lawn care tips
- How to prevent grubs
- Lawn treatment
- Weed control
- Garden design
- Garden planting
- Organic lawn treatment application
And other landscaping and maintenance needs, our experts at C & C Landscape Pros can be of great help.
Give us a call anytime.