De-icing salt is excellent for melting ice and helping to keep sidewalks and driveways clear. However, there are some drawbacks to using salt.
It can damage concrete and vegetation, and it can also be harmful to pets if they lick it off their paws. Here are five great alternatives to salt if you’re looking for a safer, more environmentally-friendly way to de-ice your home this winter.
- Sand: Sand is an effective deicer because it provides traction on icy surfaces. It’s also safe for pets and won’t damage your concrete or landscaping.
- Kitty Litter: Kitty litter can also be used as a deicer. Its absorbent nature helps melt ice, and the granules provide traction on slippery surfaces.
- Coffee Grounds: Coffee grounds are a great alternative to salt because they’re environmentally friendly and provide excellent traction on icy surfaces.
- Vinegar: Vinegar is a natural deicer that’s safe for pets and won’t damage your concrete or landscaping.
- Alcohol: Alcohol can be used as a deicer, but it’s essential to use it sparingly as it can damage concrete. It’s also not safe for pets.
These are five great alternatives to salt when de-icing your home. Choose the option that best suits your needs and keep your family safe and warm all season long!
Get Reliable Snow Removal Services in Norwood, MA
If you’re looking for reliable snow removal services in Norwood, MA, look no further than the experts at C&C Landscape Pros.
We’re your one-stop-shop for all your lawn care needs, and we’re here to help you keep your property safe and clean.
We also offer various other lawn care services, including leaf removal, gutter cleaning, and more. Contact us today to learn more about our services or to schedule a free estimate!