For most people, fall is the most beautiful time of year and is also the time for lawn care. The hot summer months have passed, but the warm days are gone, and cold winter nights are fast approaching. It’s a perfect time to be outside watering your lawn while watching leaves fall from the trees around you.
Here are some tips that will help you keep your lawn green and healthy this fall:
- Aerate your soil: -Using a spade, aerate your soil once or twice this fall. This will help make your lawn a little more acidic and richer to survive the winter. Just be careful not to overdo it and have too much stuff in your yard because it can hurt trees and plants around your home.
- Water regularly: -The warm weather means you need to water more often than usual, so don’t skip this one. Use a sprinkler system, hose, or watering can for good results every week during the fall.
- Control weeds: -If you don’t already, start weeding your lawn at least once a week. This will help maintain a healthy property, despite the leaf drop during the fall season.
- Fertilize: -If your lawn has been looking a little yellow or dull lately, it’s time to fertilize it before the fall season is over. There’s nothing better than coming home to green grass that smells great.
- Rake leaves: -Fall is the perfect time to use leaf blowers and other tools if you want to keep your lawn clean and healthy for next year’s grass. After racking up leaves, spread them near tree branches and under shrubs. This will stop the leaves from flying around your yard and covering your grass.
- Create routine professional lawn care: -Get a lawn service that you can regularly use to keep your lawn healthy. This can be regular if you hardly have time to do it yourself. Otherwise, you can talk to professionals at least once a month.
Get Reliable Lawn Care and Maintenance Services in Norwood, MA, and surrounding areas
Consult our C & C Landscape Pros experts for customized lawn care and maintenance services. We specialize in landscaping, land development, and lawn services.
Call us at 781-375-6717 to discuss your project further.